When a man sees a pretty girl, his pulse rate increases 1,5 times. A beautiful dress with pretty discounts makes a woman’s heart increase rhythm 1,5 times. When we visit a dentist, it starts dap-dancing. However, if we analyze its rhythm more seriously, we can learn something more interesting than emotional splashes – for example, everything about our health state.
Rhythms of health
What can you say after taking your pulse? Hum, it seems 70 beats a minute… And a specialist on sphygmic diagnostics, having checked your right and left wrists, could diagnose slightest defects – down to regularity of your period, whether you suffer from insomnia and when you had sex for the last time. And there is more to come! He would determine that you like sweets, and you are awful in anger… And if you were pregnant, he would determine your baby’s sex. With 80% accuracy. Indeed, one needs to spend a quarter of life to learn all nuances of such diagnostics, and fingers of Aesculapian should get supersensitiveness.
Once a venerable diagnostician was invited to a Chinese emperor’s wife. A case was serious, as nobody could touch Her Majesty’s hand, besides her husband, – even look at her… A quick Aesculapian asked her to wrap her wrist with one thread’s end, and throw another one over screen to him. Empress decided to check a famous man’s competence, attaching thread’s end firstly to a vase, and then to her monkey’s forefoot. But every time a doctor determined dirty trick accurately. Surprised Empress took pity on him, finally, and in a minute court circle knew about soon birth of a Crown Prince…
Do you know that…
A female heart works more, than male: 8-10 beats per minute more.
“Canon about difficult”
Connection between a human pulse and his health was first noticed by Chinese doctors 1000 years ago. They composed a whole system of diagnostics of diseases called “Canon about difficult” – you know, they could diagnose about 2000 kinds of pulse! If we abridge this treatise to several sentences, then we will receive the following.
Our heart contracts with certain frequency. Walls of arteries spread synchronously with it. Blood communicates these vibrations to vessels, passing through them. Circulating along whole organism, it gathers information about processes that take place in it. For example, some organ got inflamed. Or some vertebra slightly moved from its place. Everything blood “knew”, it expresses in frequency of pulse rate, strength and regularity. You can not only diagnose illness according to pulse, but also inceptive disease, which you cannot suppose of yet. By the way, you can carry out self-diagnostics by yourself. And for this you should not study for tens of years.
Rules of the “game”
Determination of pulse rate is quite a delicate matter. Only one candy you ate the day before or a small quarrel with someone can change it beyond recognition. So, before taking your pulse, mind advices of experienced diagnosticians.
– Have a good sleep
– Take pulse on an empty stomach. Even a draught of wine and pill you took the day before can break its rhythm!
– Avoid taking a bath, massage, hard physical work and making sex.
– Try not to overheat and become too cold.
– Relax, put off wrist-watch, bracelets, chains and rings.
– Start diagnostics at about 11 am – this is the best time.
Do you know that…
A healthy man’s pulse is about 2,5 times quicker than a bull’s one (25 beats per minute), 3,5 times – than an elephant’s (20 beats per minute) and about 7 times slower than a mouse’s pulse (500 beats per minute).
On a question: “Can you take your pulse correctly?” – many will answer quickly: “Yes, it’s as easy as pie”. However, according to experts’ observations, 20% of us do this not so correct, 30% – completely wrong, and other 30% do not know where it is situated at all!
There are lots of ways to find pulsatile places correctly: put your palm to heart, put fingertips to a bend of elbow or temples. The simplest and truest way is to take pulse on radial artery, i.e. on a wrist.
Seizure. Clasp right arm in left one, so that it would lay with your palm up. Press a tip of your forefinger to a base of a thumb, middle finger – near forefinger, and a fourth finger – with middle.
Timer. Put clock in front of you and note one minute.
Counter. Count number of beats for this period.
Fingers. Probably, a tip of some finger will sense beats more intensively, than others. Note, which one.
Transmission. Certainly pay attention on which arm pulse is more intensive – right or left.
What is “good”?
You pulse is regular, intensive and rhythmic. Congratulations, you are healthy. As for number of beats, it depends of age. It is considered to be normal for:
– babies under 2 years – up to 100 beats per minute
– children from 3 to 7 years – 95
– from 8 to 14 – 80
– adults – 72
– old ones – 65.
What is “bad”?
Any doctor, who does not know details of Chinese art, will say that rapid, slowed or uneven pulse testifies about defects in organism. Well, you will be able to know these details.
1. If pulse is more intensive on right wrist, illness, most likely, is localized on right side of body. And on the contrary, active beating on left says that problem should be searched in the same place.
2. Basic pulse beats are felt under forefinger? Check on which hand. If on left, defects of work of lungs or large bowel are possible, – take notice of this and visit therapeutist. On right one? Defects of heart or small intestine functioning are possible – in this case you should check your cardiogram.
3. Intensive pulsation under middle finger on right signals about problems with stomach or spleen, and on left – with liver or gall-bladder. In both cases it is better to visit gastroenterologist.
4. Pronounced pushes under fourth finger on left hand testifies that probably something is wrong with your left kidney and genitals. On right – pay attention to your right kidney and urinary bladder. To specify diagnosis, it is better to visit urologist and gynaecologist.
A boy or a girl?
If you are pregnant and are on tiptoe with curiosity about sex of your baby, try to determine it according to pulse (but only if you have no problems with health!). If your pulse rate is normal, but beating is more intensive under fourth finger on a right wrist – you should expect a boy, left – a girl.
Rings and bracelets.
According to an ancient Chinese system “Fukuri”, wrist is a very important section for health. If you clamp a place of pulsation on it, you can … damage your heart. Left wrist is responsible for men’s cardiac muscle, right – for women’s.
Conclusion: we should put on watch and bracelets on left wrist, and men – on right.